What is Psilocybin?
Psilocybin is a natural occurring psychedelic compound produced by more than 200 species of mushrooms. A select few of these species are used for medicinal purposes under the supervised care of experienced clinicians.
How Does Psilocybin Work In The Body?
- Psilocybin allows for increased neural pathways and connections between neuro-receptors in the brain that typically are not aligned. Connecting these pathways allows for communication between neuro-receptors.
- Psilocybin converts to “Psilocin” when absorbed in the body which activates serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is an essential “feel good chemical” and the key hormone that stabilizes our mood and creates a sense of wellbeing and happiness. Optimal levels of serotonin enables the brain cells to communicate more effectively with each other. Balancing serotonin levels helps to reduce depression, anxiety, and helps regulate sleep.
- Psilocybin increases activity in the visual cortex of the brain. This region of the brain is responsible for processing visual stimuli and information. This process affects our perceptions in life and causes them to become more keen and acute. It decreases the part of the brain responsible for our inner sense of self; our ego.
- Psilocybin has the ability to reset the Default Mode Network (DMN) in the brain. This reset in neurochemistry dramatically reduces anxiety, mood disorders, and depression and helps balance the neurochemistry of the brain which has many benefits.
What are the Benefits of Psilocybin?
The benefits of treatment will help with the following conditions:
- Mood Swings
- Nicotine Cessation
- Cluster Headaches
- Eating Disorders
- Improved Self Happiness and Joy
- Improved Intuitive Knowledge
- Improved Interconnectedness
- Spiritual Benefit and Inner Peace
Psilocybin Treatment at The Avante Institute
We implement a 4-step treatment process during our 3 Day Treatment Protocol
- Pre-Clearance – A medical and psychological history will be conducted by our Doctor and to confirm that each client is a candidate for psilocybin treatment.
- Clearance – Intake is completed and client is prepared for treatment via psychotherapeutic processes and counseling. Any necessary blood work is completed, when applicable.
- Treatment Day – Full medical direct supervision and treatment. This typically ranges between a 6 to 10 hour treatment process, but varies by individual.
- Post Treatment – Cognition, processing, and analysis of treatment experiences. Aftercare plans are discussed according to each client’s needs.
Psilocybin Research and Clinical Data
The Johns Hopkins University and the John Hopkins Psychedelic Research Center has made a profound advances in research and clinical studies relating to the benefits of psilocybin. Results have been promising and regions of the world such as Germany and the Netherlands are following suit and experiencing positive outcomes for their patients. The Avante team participates in our own collection of data and clinical findings in order to continue to do our part in advancing the global research on psilocybin.. Our ongoing goal is to help as many clients as possible achieve a safe and effective psilocybin treatment within an ideal therapeutic environment as we continue to advance these extraordinary earth medicines into mainstream western acceptance and utilization.
If you’re interested in other treatments we offer, click here to learn more about Ibogaine Treatment for a variety of addictions and afflictions.